Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Holidays over at Casanova, Happy New Year!


Latest from Casanova...ever noticed how Christmas wrapping paper is a lot like Easter grass? Just when you think it is all in the trash, another piece comes floating out of no where. If only we could figure out how to make money do that too!

The Holidays was the same as usual...somewhat reminds me of the George Jones song..."Well The Race Is On"....
We finally breathe a sigh of relief once the New Year was here.

We first spent Sunday 12/23 with Riley's family in Paris. We had a great afternoon of visiting and food. Afterwards, we drove on to W.VA to visit Uncle Minor & Aunt Dora. On 12/24, we had dinner at home with our kids and grandkids. Christmas Day, Brieanna (our grand daughter for any of you that has been under a rock for the last 15 years) was awake and looking for Santa gifts by 6:30AM. We had a great time watching her be surprised....yet not really surprised!
We spent Christmas Lunch/Dinner at Mom& Dad's at home. Everyone was there and the food was great.
Finally, the grand finale at Linda's for the "Last Supper". What fun listening to everyone's favorite memories from the Holiday season.
I had only shared about playing with Dad's new fly fishing pole and pulling over the Christmas tree, but my really best memory with family is when we'd hear someone say....Aunt Betty & Uncle Pressley are HERE!! Then the party really started!
How on earth did Mom & Dad's little house ever hold ALL those people?? But what fun it was!!

Now it's on to the New Year. My Christmas tree is starting to lean and with it tied off to the window I am afraid if I don't soon take it down it will break the window loose from the sill and then I'll have a flying window thru the house!
My lighted, flapping winged Angels have been blown over by the high winds, my lights are drooping and my garland is limp.
The taste test in the refrigerator didn't go so well today either, so Yep, it's time for new beginnings.

I didn't send out a Christmas card this year, I kinda felt a little like the Merle Haggard song..."If we make it through December, we'll be alright".
We sat and watched the ball drop and made it through December.....

Happy New Year!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey sweetie! I love it - the BLOG looks great and I agree that is is fun, easy, and free! I'm about to send you an email too :)